Is Maidstone Hackspace still going on?

M
  • 30 Apr '19

I just found out about the hackspace and wondered if this is still a thing? Not seeing much in the way of recent activity anywhere on the site.
Hopeful to know that it's still going on and I can come on Wednesday evenings.

Thanks,
Christian.

O
oly
oliver marks
  • 25 May '19

Hi Christian,

Yes the hackspace is most definitely still happening usually twice a week with Wednesday being the pop in and visit day, you are most welcome to pop along usually I am there first and unlocked the space by 5:30 how ever its half term this week and I can not make it, so if you want to come check in the chatroom that other will be there and what time.

Sorry for the late response most activity happens in the chat room because that's what current member prefer.

M
  • 25 May '19

That's interesting because I have visited the chatroom several times and haven't seen anyone in there, i'm in it right now but no one is there o.O
Thanks for responding, almost a month before getting a reply though :/

O
oly
oliver marks
  • 27 May '19

Hum, where are you going to chat ? it should be this link https://riot.im/app/#/room/#maidstone-hackspace:matrix.org you should not need to register to chat, there is a bridge thats supposed to sync the chats with telegram and discord but they are out of our control and have issues sometimes.
Yeah sorry about that If i know people are starting to use the forum I will check more often.

M
  • 27 May '19

I was going to IRC.freenode.net as I don't trust riot/matrix after their total infrastructure breach couple weeks ago.

O
oly
oliver marks
  • 27 May '19

ah yeah no one has used irc since they had spam issue and that broke the bot, you can try discord or telegram a couple of others use discord I thought wee had removed the links to irc.