PiWars 2017: Shaping Up
After many hours of printing, assembly, disassembly, reassembly, and general hard work, we now have a robot!
We have had some teething issues.
The combination of the motors and the wheels that we had originally selected worked brilliantly, as long as we didn’t need to turn…
The straight line speed was really quite impressive, but not being able to turn was a serious issue.
We replaced the motors with slower, but more powerful models and also dropped the middle wheels so that they wouldn’t fail to grip on certain surfaces.
But we’re not finished yet!
We have plenty of hardware still to design, print and assemble. The sensors have arrived and Mike has programmed the Arduino, however we have no software on the robot to actually interface with the sensors and nothing written for the challenges.
Not long left now!